Feeding Hoplos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Ordered 5 hoplos from lfs..they just came in..haven't seen them yet, but at $4 each I'm figuring they are small. Read they eat pretty much anything, but does anyone have experience/advice on new pets?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
They will love worms. Tubiflex and white. But do not give exclusively.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Would like to have something on hand..just went thru bad "ick" bout with new cats,..three made it, specks almost gone. Are you talking about grindal worm culture, or "white worm culture" that can be had on aquabid? Only know of freeze-dried tubiflex, and have bad luck getting that to bottom. Help me here, tanker?

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I thought "Grindal Worms" and "White Worms" are the same worms, just a different name. The cultures are easy to grow. REAL EASY.

I use to feed my corys and Hoplos FD Tubiflex. I just stick the FD worms cubes to the glass. I get a cube (in your case, with only 3 small cats) cut it into 1/3 and press it against the lower part of the glass inside the tank. It should stick, I have pressed them flat before. The Hoplos will find the worms.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Excellent,..thank you tanker..anyone in particula r you recommend getting worms from? Happy to say my three cats are loving the algae wafers I give to bristlenose at this point..thanks for help.

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
One of my local Fish stores carry white worm starter cultures, but got my starter from a friend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store