feeding trouble

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanhql

I LOVE my F8 puffer!
Nov 10, 2006
Singapore
i've got my knight goby a plastic driftwood with a cave at the bottom, and it's been hiding in it ever since it found the cave as a hideout. it only come out at night, or when no one's at home so i'm assume it's afraid of humans. thw thing is due to its hiding, i've not been able to feed it for about 4 days. i've put food right at the entrance of its cave, but it won't come out(it sticks to the ceiling of the cave, so it stays invisible from the entrance of the cave). i've got a f8 puffer with it (in a 20 gallon), but since it comes out when the whole family is out, the it doesn't seem to be afraid of the puffer. the water is perfect (pH: 8 / NH3: 0 / NO2: 0 / NO3: <15 / SG:1.005) so it isn't affected by the water. how can i get it to come out and eat? i've tried the garlic guard, but it stills stays in the cave.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
When mine did that, there were eggs in her cave.

tanhql

I LOVE my F8 puffer!
Nov 10, 2006
Singapore
i managed to get it to eat by putting some food at the entrance of the cave at night, off all lights in the room and tank, and wait for a while for her to 'sense' the food and eat. after it has eaten that portion of food, i put in more food and feed it untill i'm sure it's a bit full (she doesn't need so much food now it's not active). and the eggs part, i'm sure it doesn't have any eggs. it's the only goby; it's been almost 2 weeks since i've bought it. even if it has eggs, can it hold for more than even a week?

WVJeeper

Registered Member
Nov 6, 2020
I have one big Knight Goby that seems to be a very picky eater. In the beginning he would eat anything. After about 4 days he has become very picky. I tried the bloodworms, flakes, algea flakes, marine mix frozen blocks. He just keeps spitting them out. Not sure the issue. The other 4 is eating just fine. Any suggestions

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store