Feeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
You could try stopping the brine shrimp for a day or two, then try the other foods.

It may be as simple as they are filling up on that and don't have any more room for anything else.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
They are trying to train you to continue feeding BS. Simply stop. Feed a small amount of flakes. If they dont eat, do not feed them BS again. They will eat the other food when they get hungry enough.

sboynton

AC Members
Dec 29, 2010
Have you guys tried this? I'll not feed them tonight and then try the flakes tomorrow morning..

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I agree...they are training you to feed them the brine shrimp!! LOL My discus did this as well. You have to just stop feeding the brine shrimp. Offer flake in 24 hours. It may take several days...but eventually they will eat it.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Were you able to find the hykari mysis? The PE is going to be huge for a 1" fish.

You should not need to pulverize the flake. Just break the big flakes a couple of times.

sboynton

AC Members
Dec 29, 2010
No they didn't have the Hykari Mysis.. and yeah the PE is way too large. I'll try and feed them the flakes tomorrow morning.

sboynton

AC Members
Dec 29, 2010
Waiting a day didn't help so I fed them the BS... should I try again and go more than one day? Don't want to kill the **** things..

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I can only comment on freshwater...don't know how sensitive salts are...but I would sometimes have to go several days with my discus when intoducing a new food. They need to get real hungry...one day isn't enough.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Your fish should be fine for a couple/3 days. Some people run such low nutrient systems that they only feed 2 to 3 times per week.

Honestly I would have a hard time doing that though. I'd rather have a little algae and fat fish :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store