Fightin' Algae with Algae!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Callmeconfused

The sad effect of sleep deprivation
Jul 25, 2010
Gainesville, Florida
Real Name
Kimi
Hmmm, I'm hearing these words through a full mouth. Kinda like when you steal a cookie..."Have you seen my cookie?" *mumble* no- as crumbs fly out.

....my algae...

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
I have seen a drastic drop in algae in the tanks I keep marimo in. Only negative I have had with it is I have one tank that likes to grow strings of it everywhere. (if only I could get it to grow in a mat instead of strings)

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
My marimo did start throwing out some string/hair algae (a couple strands) in my 2.5 betta tank (lots of light). I tossed it into my 20H (snails/Endler's/shrimp) and it's the cleanest it's ever been!

Tank looks great! Although the banana plant really throws off the scale, it still lends a tropical feel... :D

Carch

AC Members
Sep 1, 2010
I've been wanting to buy some marimo forever, but I'm unable to find any for a low price. Most of the ones I see are $8-$12 for a single 2-3" ball, is this normal?

Could someone recommend a reliable website that supplies good-quality marimo, by chance?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store