Finally getting a Chevron Tang!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
I'm not a saltie, but golly, that fish is beautiful! Good luck and be sure to take lots of snaps for us to see.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Not yet... email I got last night said it will be ready for pickup at 11:30am on either Thur or Friday. I will know the night before when he gets the tracking number on exactly which day it is. I will be taking off work just to pick this guy up and still in the bag so it doesn't have to be acclimated twice.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Well I got it.. unfortunately it has a very rough night. :( Got beat up real bad. First I tried it in my 75G and my potters angel went crazy on it fast.. within a couple minutes I knew that wasn't going to work so I put the tang in my 29G for the night to rest.. thinking that would be safer. This morning my Falco hawkfish was beating the crap out of it. Tang went from perfect fins when I got it to all frayed this morning. So I had to tear down/pull out all the rocks out of both my tanks, caught both the potters angel and tang, and did a swap. Potters angel is now in my 29G and tang is back in the 75G and no one bothering it now. I would love to take pics when the lights come on but I feel so bad for the tang I want it to heal before I take a good picture. What a stressful night/morning it has been.

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
WOW

hope the little guy is all right , post some pics when all healed up

GL with him :)

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Knowing you itll be in perfect shape in no time man

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Not the best picture.. here it is.. like I said, it had a rough first night and has some battle wounds that need to heal and also fatten up a lot, but it is very active in the tank, eating off the rocks, glass, and sand all day long and no one is bothering it except the cleaner wrasse which it loves and can't seem to get enough of.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Here is an updated pic.. been a very rough week for this fish and I had to setup a hospital tank to treat it, but it is recovering very nicely. :) The white streak at the top is glare from the lights, not something on the fish.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nice fish Ace. I hope things continue to get better and better.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Tang died today... went downhill really fast over the last 24 hours. I did all I could do and it didn't help. That was a waste of $300. $140 for the tang and $160 for a hospital setup + meds + test kits.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store