finallycycled i think

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mdcordeiro

AC Members
Oct 2, 2005
Massachusetts
finally cycled i think

hello ive been posting in the general freshwater are but now I realized im a "newbie" so here I am . after loosing about 6 fish 4 left 1 irredencest shark 5" , 2 teteras 1" and 2 platy's 3". I think i finally after about 70 days made i through the cycle i think what slowed it down was me cleaning the filter after about a month and cleaning it all with tapwater oops . so heres my readings what do do you think

ammonia "0"
nitrites "0"
nitrates 5 or 10 **** colors r so close

now this is a 90 gal tank how many fish can i add at one time
and how big will that shark getin my tank? my sons purchase "alone" hopefully not too big or we'll need a bigger tank in the future

Thanks for all the help so far im sure i'll need more

Last edited:

TheMightyQueenPixie

Best Invention EVER!
Apr 16, 2002
Barrie, ON. Canada
www.baycitybettas.com
CONGRATS! You did it!!!! As far as adding fish goes, it kind of depends on what you want to add...What did you have in mind? Small fish like platys you could probably go 3 per week or 10 days...As far as the ID shark goes, you dont want to know how big they get....Perhaps you could have one more "mysterious death" while kiddo is at school and trade him in somewhere.
Good luck, the worst is over.

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
I second finding the shark a new home, unless you plan on converting your whole house into a tank... It is so :rant2: that they even sell these fish at the store. I would suggest a couple more platys and to round out that tetra school to 6+. They like to be with others and will school much better in a bigger group

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store