Finnex Planted 24/7

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
Does anyone have one of these? I bought the 36 inch version and have it over my 36 inch long, 17 inch deep 40 gallon tank.
My understanding is this unit can support low to mid light plants but not high light plants.
The most challenging plants I have right now are Ludgwigia Repons and Diandra. I'd like to get a carpet plant but not sure what this fixture can handle.
I have CO2 injection..

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
i have the light too,

no supporting evidence, but i would only expect high light on a 12" high (or shorter) aquarium.

it is the distance of the light from the plant that will define high light, not the volume of the aquarium.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
I can't seem to find the article I read, but what doug said is the general idea. If I recall from my reading at 18" the PAR levels were about medium. There are some plants that will carpet under medium light with CO2 if you look around. I dont think something like DHG would work, but perhaps something like dwarf baby tears, s. repens or something like that. oop, I just found it, 60-65 PAR at 16" which is likely where you are after substrate. That's on the high side of medium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store