Fire belly toads

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MsPuff

aquaholic
May 28, 2008
Saint John, NB Canada
So, I'm getting 2 fire belly toads for my 10g and i'm wondering if I have to cycle the water? not sure on that one at all.

Dexmaster

Space Monkey
Mar 17, 2008
Michigan
Real Name
Jeremiah
I would just let the water sit for a couple days so to release the chlorine and stuff like that from the water because the drink threw there skin. How exactly are you setting your tank up?

MikenDanielle

AC Members
May 18, 2007
NB Canada
Here are some pics of the setup I have, it's a rough go at it right now & will be refined, but I don't think it's going to work for a fire belly toad. I tried to get more water out of it,but my filter needs a minimum of this amount to work. Sorry for the poor quality, but I'm far from a photographer and the light in my living room isn't great at this time of day.

any suggestions on what I would be able to keep in this kind of setup?

tank2.JPG tank4.JPG tank5.JPG

MsPuff

aquaholic
May 28, 2008
Saint John, NB Canada
PS, that last post is mine, I was unaware that I was logged in as my fiance.

MsPuff

aquaholic
May 28, 2008
Saint John, NB Canada
well, it seems all i can get at my lfs would be a paddle tail newt or the fire belly toads. i'm torn at what to do. rescape entirely and do the toads or rescape a little and get the newts

Virtuoso2K12

Mar 2, 2008
Southern CA
Newts are way more better than fire bellied toad,well its looking good ,better than my sloppy frog setup i had long ago in a galaxy far far away,I SEE STEPHAN KING:FOUR PAST MIGNIGHT.Good luck!

Dexmaster

Space Monkey
Mar 17, 2008
Michigan
Real Name
Jeremiah
I would throw some moss on top of the rocks and call it a day for the toads or the newts the toads LOVE water I had a pair for years and the spent probably 70% of there lives in it just make sure its low enough ( I would lower that another inch or so)

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Why would you have to rescape? That is a good beginner setup for FBTs, my first FBTs were in a Kritter Keeper with a shallow bowl of water. I'll post pics of it when I get back home.

MsPuff

aquaholic
May 28, 2008
Saint John, NB Canada
I'd love to lower the water a bit more, but my filter needs a minimum of that amount to run at all. stupid filter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store