Fire mouth has aggression to salvini

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
So my geophagus Brasilius(spelling?) died( filter malfunction) he was in the tank for 5 years. I waited did a good water change and introduced a salvini cichlid. The Fire mouth doesn't like him much. It's funny when the Geo was there the Fire mouth was fine. Now looks like he wants to run the tank.
Rank is 55g have a synodontis euruptis
A Molly
Fire mouth
Salvini
An an OB peacock

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
The salvini is an extremely aggressive fish. If it survives the initial fire mouth attacks, it will soon rule the tank. You have upset the balance of the tank and the fire mouth is seeing it as an intruder. A fire mouth is basically semi aggressive. What is the size difference between the two?

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
The salvini is an extremely aggressive fish. If it survives the initial fire mouth attacks, it will soon rule the tank. You have upset the balance of the tank and the fire mouth is seeing it as an intruder. A fire mouth is basically semi aggressive. What is the size difference between the two?
They are about the same size. The LFS informed me that the salvini was semi agressive and that they would be Ok. So should I get some orher fish to off set the impending salvini aggression?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A larger tank with more hiding spaces would be more fruitful.

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
How large?

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used