Fish "aisle" employee

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mvigor

Aquarium Hobbyist
Mar 24, 2005
Lunchlady land
www.vigorfamily.com
We all know what huge chain store I'm talking about, but that's not the point of this story.

I was back in the fish aisle browsing the supplies one night this week and two blue-smocked employees were taking aquarium inventory. One of them was a girl who I had previously thought was pretty knowledgeable and caring about the fish.

I hear them talking to each other, telling each other about their own aquariums. That's when this employee who I had formerly had a lot of faith in says...

"Yeah, I really need to get a bigger tank. When my Oscar puts his head down to eat from the gravel his tail sticks out of the top of the water."

:thud:

Now to her credit for all I know she has a 6 foot long tank that's only 10 inches deep, but I doubt it. It's probably a 10 gallon.

pophead

back from the dead.
May 19, 2005
Edmonton, Ab. Canada.
it's discusting how big fish stores hire unknowledgable staff. sometimes when I buy fish the salesperson doesn't know which fish I'm talking about, and it's on display!

Jericho

AC Members
Jul 22, 2005
Well heck if they have 15 oscars in their little 15 galln display tank then having one in a 10 gallon must be fine :rolleyes: Pophead, I know what you mean when I ask for a fish and they have that blank look on their face and I have to tell them the one with the black fins (not that the little picture would drop a hint or anything)... That is why I go to a LFS that is self serve, you can take all day to pick out your two fish and no body gives a hoot...

miguelitro

AC Members
Sep 23, 2004
San Diego CA
yeah my local petstore stopped stocking aquarium stuff and fish and i was really releived. i dont think that other store, you know the one with the aisles, even has fish around here
it is so worth it to go to the high quality LFS actually 2 of them even though they are another 15 minute drive...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store