Fish Bloated Or Sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PotatoFish21

AC Members
Jul 28, 2020
I’ve had some black widow tetra in my 90l tank for quite a while now 3-4+ months and they’ve been quite fine however today I noticed one of them with what looks to be quite bloated and has to keep using his fins to keep himself from dropping to the bottom of the tank. I’ve struggled to get good photos as the fish keeps hiding and moving away from the camera. Any help is appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

PotatoFish21

AC Members
Jul 28, 2020
It has a slight hole in its front chest and every now and then I spot air bubbles coming out. Would appreciate any reply even if it is vague

PotatoFish21

AC Members
Jul 28, 2020
As it has been a fair few days the fish seems a dramatically large amount better and the illness has no gone to any other fish. There is still a hole but it has almost healed. It was very difficult getting a photo but in both of them you can slightly see the almost fully healed hole.

DF8F447E-4180-4327-B741-6B9CDB471A3A.jpeg

BB20E0E9-0ED5-4D9B-B103-A46F2A1649A6.jpeg

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
The fish is clearly suffering, I'm so sorry to say this but you will have to euthanise the fish 'cause I don't think the hole can be treated.
Though I do see some algae around the tank, do you clean the tank? If so, how often?
What are your water parameters? Gonna need exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

Juice Box52

AC Members
Oct 9, 2019
The fish is clearly suffering, I'm so sorry to say this but you will have to euthanise the fish 'cause I don't think the hole can be treated.
Though I do see some algae around the tank, do you clean the tank? If so, how often?
What are your water parameters? Gonna need exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
If the hole is healing it may be able to be saved, I'd hold of on euthanizing for a bit

Reactions: the loach

PotatoFish21

AC Members
Jul 28, 2020
Upon further inspection I think the hole is healed now, and the fish is behaving a lot more normal it isn’t using its fins as much as it was which is also a good sign so I think it may be ok. Will let you know if there are any issues

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Upon further inspection I think the hole is healed now, and the fish is behaving a lot more normal it isn’t using its fins as much as it was which is also a good sign so I think it may be ok. Will let you know if there are any issues
That's really great to hear, my bettas serious bloat is subsiding as well and he's a bit more active. Still, my Epsom salts are arriving this Thursday or Friday (in between these days).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store