Fish.com?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Just wondering if anyone has any experience shopping with this online store?

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
I haven't shopped at fish.com, but I have shopped from dog.com which is the same company (along with horse.com, ferret.com, bird.com and garden.com) and I love them. They're my favorite online dog store, and you can't beat their prices. I've been meaning to try out fish.com so please follow up here if you try it!

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
That used to be the only place I ordered fish food from. Used to be. The time before last they triple-charged me on a $125 order and I ended up with over draft charges of $90 at my bank. They said they 'couldn't help with bank charges' when I called them about it. They did credit back the $250 though-which they should because it was a mistake on their part. I figured it was a one-time mess up. This last time I ordered 12 big bags of Hikari, it said "in stock" in big letters. They emailed me 2 days later and told me it was back-ordered. So needless to say I'm going to Big Al's or FosterSmith next time. I give up on Fish.com.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I haven't shopped at fish.com, but I have shopped from dog.com which is the same company (along with horse.com, ferret.com, bird.com and garden.com) and I love them. They're my favorite online dog store, and you can't beat their prices. I've been meaning to try out fish.com so please follow up here if you try it!
Yeah, I do realize they're affiliated with those sites, but IME, different branches of one company can be very, very different, and I didn't wanted to base fish.com's reliability on the other sites.

That used to be the only place I ordered fish food from. Used to be. The time before last they triple-charged me on a $125 order and I ended up with over draft charges of $90 at my bank. They said they 'couldn't help with bank charges' when I called them about it. They did credit back the $250 though-which they should because it was a mistake on their part. I figured it was a one-time mess up. This last time I ordered 12 big bags of Hikari, it said "in stock" in big letters. They emailed me 2 days later and told me it was back-ordered. So needless to say I'm going to Big Al's or FosterSmith next time. I give up on Fish.com.
Gosh that's awful.

june2000

AC Members
Nov 24, 2008
Portland, OR
I ordered couple of times and experienced hit and miss. Most products was OK with somewhat slow delivery. But, I am not happy with my last order (Less than 2 weeks). Some of the fish food was opened / damaged the seal with tons of dust. If you are going to order fish food, I do not recommend fish.com. Otherwise, I think it is worth while to try.

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
Wow! that sucks :-( I had the same sort of thing happen with thatfishplace.com. They charged my twice for an $80 order. I caught it right as it was about to clear, and some other purchases were about to bounce cause I happened to check my online balance and noticed it was off. Had to spend an hour on the phone going back and forth between my bank and the store before I could get the duplicate canceled.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store