Fish Foods.. Flakes / Frozen Bloodworm.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Boq

AC Members
Apr 9, 2013
Malaysia
Hello , i got 4 tiger barbs (gonna add 2 more soon) 2 corries , a platty and 5 neon tetras.. If i give them flakes they seem didn't like it but when i give them Frozen bloodworm they eat it very fast and like very delicious meal.. I Heard many people said that flakes is good for fishes but my fish seem didn't like it -.- what should i do ? stick with giving them Frozen bloodworm ? They might get fat isn't ?

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Wait a coupla days with no food, then offer them flakes. They'll eat 'em. Good luck.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Bloodworms are good for a treat but not really a balanced diet for your fish. They will eat the flake if they are hungry. But they also now know if they don't you will give them bloodworms!

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
You have very spoiled tiger barbs! They are getting candy! :)

wren

Boq

AC Members
Apr 9, 2013
Malaysia
What brand of flake food are you feeding?
It's Tropical Flakes and there was a Tiger barb picture in it.. lol..

Boq

AC Members
Apr 9, 2013
Malaysia
Bloodworms are good for a treat but not really a balanced diet for your fish. They will eat the flake if they are hungry. But they also now know if they don't you will give them bloodworms!
My fish will become fat ? haha..

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
What brand of "tropical flakes" are you feeding? Some are better than others.

And yes, fish become fat! In nature food is a bit harder to come by. And they have a lot more room to swim (and burn off what food they do find).

wren

Boq

AC Members
Apr 9, 2013
Malaysia
I am not a big advocate of bloodworms.
If you chose to feed them, buy only a top brand like Hikari.

I would also not recommend feeding them to young fish.
Why ? it seem that they like Frozen Bloodworm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store