Fish For 40 Gallon Community Compatible With Honey Gourami And Bolivian Ram?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Akeath

Registered Member
Nov 7, 2018
I really want to keep the sand because of the way the Ram feeds. His scientific name doesn't mean "little eartheater" for nothing. I've had sand for over 10 years with no problems, I just stir up the sand with my fingers after gravel vacuuming every 1-2 months and that prevents anaerobic pockets from forming. I got some nice heavy pool filter sand, and I've always preferred it to the tanks where I have gravel or eco-complete.

I actually already have a 75 gallon with a large school of Harlequins, a large school of Tetras, and a large school of Corycats, and I want this new tank to have at least 1 new species of fish that I don't already have.

I just went through the pictures on my computer I'd saved of fish pics to give me some more ideas. I was thinking 1 male and 2-3 female Gardneri Killifish might be a cool addition. Does anyone know if they would get along alright with the Honey Gourami? I looked up some articles and sites and they should get along with most of the other fish I'm considering.

So along with the Gardneri Killifish, a short list of possibilities I'm thinking of are:
Cherry Barbs, Glass Catfish, Platies, Brochis splendens, or a different species of Corycat I haven't tried yet. Obviously I couldn't keep all of those, but I'm trying to research them and narrow down the list from there. Are there any of these that wouldn't work with the Killifish? I still really do like Harlequin Rasboras, can't go wrong with those guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store