Fish identity

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sirena_ardon

Registered Member
Mar 23, 2020
20200331_151123.jpg

Hello can someone help me identify this fish please? I bought it at Walmart about a year ago and have been trying to figure out what it is. I don't think it had the correct info on there. It will only eat sinking pellets so I assume it must be a bottom feeder. What is this fish so that I can care for it appropriately. Please help. Its been thriving but there are so many fish online to narrow it down to what it is. It's not a city though because it's over 3 inches long. It's at 4 right now.
P.S. I'm new to this community. I'm in your care.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Hello and welcome. I can help but seriously fish is a great place to look up fish. good luck!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I agree with tl, but it's also up to the buyer to educate themselves on fish before they buy. Many big box employees only know how to bag fish (if that). I don't have 1, lol, but smart phones can help with some decisions at the time. I tend toward extreme caution because some fish are similar to 1s I'd like to keep & others I really, really don't want. That can be from eventual size or temperament or compatibility with my current fish. When in doubt, I pass. That's much easier than trying to rehome.

OP, if you don't have a pond do you know someone who does? That's the size "tank" is not an indoor option...

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store