fish illness expert???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Searched for answers to my Qs in an earlier post. I will be moving the filters over and some of the old tank water. Later on, I will move the sand and all plants. So the only new thing is a bigger tank.

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Bunbury, Western Australia
Took me 3 days to get my fish worm free and back to health...
Maybe you should add your own worm treatment to brine shrimp, worked for me.
If theyre not eating, then dose the tank.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
It looks as though my baby Betta will not make it! He floats at the top breathing and does nothing else. He will not eat. I have also just noticed my tiny Pleco will also not make it, but he does not have worms, so I have no idea what he is sick with!
I am going to cull all Platy that are stuffed with worms, wont eat and are skeletons.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Well, he passed away last night. Not sure if he died first or got stuck to the intake and then died. Either way, he was eaten fairly bare to the bone. He will be missed so much!

I also lost my little Pleco last night, but he died of something other than worms.

Other fish are ok, waiting for the powder to come in, last resort. If it doesn't work, I will loose all my fish....

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Starting the powder today. 1/4 teaspoon per 5 gal? Then 3 days later repeat, lets see how this goes...

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
For tanks that may have eggs or larvae in it but no fish, you want to leave it for at least 3 weeks (if memory serves me). That should give them a chance to hatch and starve and die. You do want to continue to vac it though.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
1/10 part solution per 5 gal. Added yesterday, no signs it's working. Lost an Oto cat and shark is acting weird.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store