fish losing balance?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LC

AC Members
Feb 26, 2007
Toronto
After a 30% weekly water chage yesterday, I've notice one of my platy seems to be losing his balance when another fish swims pass him or when he swims under the stream of water coming back into the tank from the filter. It's kind of hard to discribe but it looks like he is losing his balance and flips over on his side for a bit then regains his balance again. What is he doing? Is he sick??

kjr928

Go fish yourself.
This sounds like a swim bladder problem to me, but I'm not sure. Swim bladder is like the inner ear for humans - it keeps them balanced. Anyway, I've heard that fish with swim bladder problems can live for a while, but ultimately it's incurable & I also heard that they don't suffer. I suggest you research swim bladder problems on the internet.

Good luck.

LC

AC Members
Feb 26, 2007
Toronto
This sounds like a swim bladder problem to me, but I'm not sure. Swim bladder is like the inner ear for humans - it keeps them balanced. Anyway, I've heard that fish with swim bladder problems can live for a while, but ultimately it's incurable & I also heard that they don't suffer. I suggest you research swim bladder problems on the internet.

Good luck.
Yeah, I think that's what it might be... I've been searching on the forum and that's what it sounds like (except its bobbing from side to side, and not up and down) but I'm guessing it's the same thing. And you might be right about it being incurable cause so far I havn't found anything to fix this problem yet.

Anyone have suggestions or experiences with this??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store