Fish stocking question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
Plus in a few years time as the fish grow I will have a way bigger tank so I'm not very concerned about over crowding..
In a few years time, there's no way your going to lose your job? No way you might have to move into a house that's too small for a bigger tank? Trust me, I've tried the whole "upgrade later" thing... never again. If you really care about your fish it can be quite stressfull if you can't upgrade and your fish need it.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I just noticed in another thread that you have only had the tank 6 weeks and are dealing with ich too? I'd slow down, way down. You also need to stock according to what the fish will be at adult size, not at their juvenile size. Please consider using a QT tank as well.
Yikes, I just now realized this as well.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Well yes on paper that may seem like a lot of fish. But if you see in the tank how many are bottome dwellers, how many have their own "homes and hiding spots" and all that it seems pretty ample...I have had professionals of the aquaria business for years help me and complement me on my tank...everyone has different experiences with different fish and different populations. I have put stuff in, had things die and had to take things out because of agression issues...I have come a very long way in a very short time and have gotten quite a peacefull, colorful, comfortable tank out of it. I appreciate all of your concerns, but hey call me an entrepuneur...there is another guy on this forum that hasn't done a water change in what like a year? He has no skimmer...nobody is bashing him.........he has the same tank size as me and his is way more populated. Everyone has their own methods of doing things...but it does not necessarily make it better than or more "right" than the next. But I do understand what you guys are saying and I do appreciate the input. Thank you.

andy1130

AC Members
Nov 10, 2006
Boston
I would keep a close eye on the mandrin as well, 6 weeks is an awfully young tank to have one in and starvation could be a concern

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Well, i shall maybe step on some toes here, but you seriously do not want to be adding more fish to this tank, there is only so much you can add to a marine system...Some of the fish you have in there already "need" bigger homes as its stands.

You may not like answers like this, but people say it based on experience with keeping marine systems..

Niko

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
The mandarin has been eating copepods and he eats brine that i feed to the rest of the fish as well. He eats a lot.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Rest assured, if things DO start getting out of control and the fish start growing out of the tank before I can do anything, I always have people to give them to with bigger tanks and better homes for them. I am not in the least bit worried. Worrying gets you nowhere...gives you something to to do but with no outcome...waste of time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store