Fish tank stand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cgrabe

AC Members
Jun 1, 2004
Virginia, USA
Visit site
I would think that could be tough to do safely and acurately on a table saw. Maybe lower the blade all the way, position and secure the 2x4, then raise the blade to cut from below? I think a miter saw would be a bit more ideal if you can get a hold of one.

/is not a professional woodworker for very good reason

I'll be building one myself in the next couple days. I've been trying to figure out the design in my head today.

johnnyxxl

fishy friend of many
Mar 1, 2004
western NC
Visit site
table saw, can be done I have done it before just realize you need to use a ripfence.

Captain Hook

Looking for ideas
Aug 21, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
If the stand isn't too big you could cut the 2x4s by hand. Never tried a table saw for things like that. As mentioned a mitre or compound (same thing) would work well. My dad also uses a radial arm saw which cuts 2x4s easily. A circular saw could work too.

peterepeat

AC Members
Oct 1, 2004
TVL,N-QLD, AUSTRALIA
Triton bench is the way to go, but only if you wish to make a small investment and have some sort of interest in woodwork. Other wise a circular saw with the appropriate blade diameter will do the job

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store