Fish that are good with Fronts ??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nippy

Sweetie's keeper
May 26, 2002
Fairbanks, Alaska
Maybe something from the Neolamprologus family? Daffodils, brichardi, leleupi, etc. I've read that they would make okay tankmates. I know some people that have Sunshine peacocks in with their frontosa. They seem to get along fine also.

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
In a 100 gallon you could only have fronts. They do grow slowly and you could have any of those for a while but the fronts will eventually eat the other fish. If you plan to move the others when the fronts start to get large it could work but the only tank mates for large fronts are other large Tanganyikans.

gregga

I'm Mighty Megala..(wife: whatever)
Jan 8, 2000
Long Island
I keep some large Mpimbwe fronts with a few large Peacocks and Cytocara Moorrii in a 125 gallon. IMO, large (sp.) Protomelas would also work quite well.....Hope this helps........

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
Basically anything that'll stay out of their way... Such as, Loaches, and Synodontis... My friend had a Tellogramma Brichardi in with his Fronts. ;)

ERRN7

AC Members
Jan 8, 2000
Abingdon, VA USA
As stated above Fronts grow S*L*O*W. I bought mine as 1-1/2 smalls over 4 years ago. Keep the other fish close to the same size with similar disposition and things should be fine. I have 2 brichardi, a botia loach, lg royal plec, small common plec, a peacock pair and synodontis. All seem to get along very well sometimes the lg royal will get testy if one of the fronts has his spot but they soon part ways. Fronts are BIG movers so make sure you have plenty of depth or boulders for substrate.

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
I may be a purist but I wouldn't keep anything other than other Tangs. Water parameters are different in the two lakes and think your fish (esp fish that you invest so much time in as fronts) will be healthier in Tanganyikan water. Will other water work? sure. Will tankmates from other lakes work? sure. Just not as well.

kev82

AC Members
Apr 16, 2001
www.fishfiles.org
Furcifer is from tanganyika too...

I agree with you on that though, it's much nicer to have fish from the same place at the same place than mix the whole thing together ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store