fishcatch22

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
hello, my name is Jason R. Smith-Krastins or fishcatch22. I live in the town of anchorage, in the state of alaska, in the USA. I am a teen of 16, and aspiring to become a biologist in my later years, love every aspect of keeping pets and gardening, and i've never met an animal, plant, fungus, ameoba, or bacterium I didn't like. i'm a vegitarian, democrat, libra, pacifist, conservationist, animal rights advocate, intellectual of sorts, and a nature lover.

Last edited:

fish_freak

Retired Mod
Feb 15, 2002
Great Barrington, MA
blueiz25 said:
Wow, Alaska, gotta be pretty cold there...

Welcome to AC!

Blue
The cold isnt what would bother me so much it would be the 20+ hours of sunlight in the summer and the 20+ hours of darkness in the winter. I was watching an episide of cops last weekend and they where in Anchorage. The whole time im figureing its early afternoon by the amount of light then I hear one of the cops say time of arrest 10:42 P.M. I was like what the hell I couldnt deal with that.

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
your name is Jason? how come you never told me that in PM's? you don't really need to answer, I just always wondered what your first name was...

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
plah831 said:
your name is Jason? how come you never told me that in PM's? you don't really need to answer, I just always wondered what your first name was...
oh, sorry..... i'm one for slow introductions. to admit, you came on a little strong, plah. i'm a cautious person, you know. hmmm...... looks like I started a post trend here!

Last edited:

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
blueiz25 said:
Wow, Alaska, gotta be pretty cold there...

Welcome to AC!

Blue
not really. it rarely gets in the single digits here, usually just in the teens, even at night. we frequently have warm spells in the 30s. it's quite bearable. i'm sick of all these steriotypes about AK.... drives me mad.... not mad at you blue! and the most amount of light we get is 17 hours, FF21. I just moved here from florida last year,and it didn't really affect me at all.

Last edited:

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
fishcatch22 said:
to admit, you came on a little strong, plah.
Came on too strong? I wasn't asking you out! :p: I just wanted to say hi and let you know I supported your dream for yourself :)

No, its OK. I'm not offended, I know I have a tendency to do TOO much and it does drive some people away. But the ones who aren't driven away are rewarded :D

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
fishcatch22 said:
not really. it rarely gets in the single digits here, usually just in the teens, even at night. we frequently have warm spells in the 30s. it's quite bearable. i'm sick of all these steriotypes about AK.... drives me mad.... not mad at you blue! and the most amount of light we get is 17 hours, FF21. I just moved here from florida last year,and it didn't really affect me at all.
I was on Adak back in '82 in the summer. The most disconcerting thing was leaving the bar at 2 am and it still being light outside. One day I'd like to visit the Matanuska valley.

Mark

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
plah831 said:
Came on too strong? I wasn't asking you out! :p: I just wanted to say hi and let you know I supported your dream for yourself :)

No, its OK. I'm not offended, I know I have a tendency to do TOO much and it does drive some people away. But the ones who aren't driven away are rewarded :D
awww, do n't worry. I never hate people with good intentions. I knew what you were all about the second I read some of your posts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store