Fishing season soon !!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
So over the winter i bought a pen fishing rod( not Penn). Over the past week we've had some amazing weather here in the Boston area and i decided to try it out. What a blast! I ended up catching 2 pretty large sunfish, 2 small largemouth bass, and 2 strikes from small pickerels. This thing is so fun to catch fish with. I was skeptical at first but the product does what it was built for. If your looking for a small rod that can handle a fish then you should try out a penrod! It looks flimsy but its actually built very nicely and it would be great to keep in a survival pack( which i have mine for) or just everyday fishing. I cant wait to land a monster bass with this thing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dobber

AC Members
Jan 30, 2005
Madison, WI
Got into bass fishing last fall (in Wisconsin) and have had a serious itch ever since. Bought a bunch of different lures, did a lot of reading in books and forums, and now waiting for ice to go out and season to begin. The rules have been ambiguous at best here and unsure whether CPR is even allowed for small/large right now or not as I've seen it listed differently in 3 different cited places. I'm not one to risk it.

kyeung28

AC Members
Feb 26, 2013
just got my first freshwater license this weekend.. always fished saltwater so i figure ill give freshwater a shot. Going to a pond later today:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ZivaD

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
I have come *this* close to getting one of those to put in my husband's stocking more times than I can count - hearing a "real person" review I might have to go ahead and do it.
We are counting the days to getting the boat in the water for the first time this year. We ended up not going a single time last year, NOT letting that happen again!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Ziva if you buy one make sure its the true pen rod. Not the ones on ebay. Just google penfishingrods. No spaces. There should be a website called penfishingrods.com . I watched a video on youtube where a guy caught a 21lb carp with one of these pen rods. Your husband would be a happy camper with a little telescoping fishing rod. Or any new fishing gear for that matter! Lol! Your lucky you have a boat. I have a conoe and use it multiple times every summer. Nothing beats a fishing on any type of boat on a nice summer day

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Opening day was Saturday on trout here, and my local creek is a PA Approved Trout Stream, so I haven't been able to collect in it for the past month. It was a little cold to be wading in a stream before that.:) Hopefully next weekend the crowds will be gone and I can get my nets out and catch something nice!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I love trout fishing but theres no trout in my area :/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store