Flimsy Brace

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Please post pics.....

Reactions: Sprinkle

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yeah, for sure on the info..

What size tank?

I know the plastic frames keep getting thinner and thinner over the yeras on Aqueon and Marineland tanks. Same with the glass.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
What brand? Dimensions? Date of purchase? Etc..,

Edit: i think i know what you mean, the brace in the middle is wiggly? Right?
The brace in he middle is to support lid you gonna put on the tank, as a matter of fact its wiggly posture is not going to affect the stability of the lid. Nothing to worry about. My 125 Juwel Rio got the same brace. And i believe that tank brace id the thing that is going round the tank top and bottom, the middle bit i call plastic strip.

omg im some sort of genius! I figured it out all by myself! I should be issued some sort of award here!?? Just a joke if someone likes bit of humour :)

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
There is a little white label in the corner of the 3rd pic near the top trim, may have the mfg. brand and date on it.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
It looks normal to me.. it's mostly designed to stop the front and back bowing once full and let them use thinner and cheaper glass.

The lid would likely sit ok on the top rim without a problem.

I would say to fill it up wherever save (like outside) you should be leak testing a used tank anyway. The brace part should become taughter once there is the pressure of the water.. at that point look for any cracks or anything, and let it sit a day or 2 to see for any potential slow leaks.

but I expect you are fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store