Floating poop?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

angelfish245

AC Members
Mar 1, 2020
I have an angelfish who i got about a year ago, everything was fine but i noticed its poop was floating and it usually sinks. My tank has also gotten more cloudy than before as well. Can someone tell me whats going on and how i can fix these things.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Tell us more about the tank. What size, how many fish in it, how often do you do water changes, what type of foods do you feed, readings in PPM for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.......

Reactions: angelfish245

angelfish245

AC Members
Mar 1, 2020
i have a ten gallon tank and it only lives with a small guppy. I do a 10% water change every 2 weeks and i feed them flakes.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
What is the temperature and what kind of filtration do you have? Have you checked the pH?

angelfish245

AC Members
Mar 1, 2020
i don't know the specific temperature but i do have a heater. My filtration system is the filter with the waterfall type flow coming out and i have not checked the pH yet.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
A year old angel fish needs a tank about 3x the size of what you have.

Watch the ingredient lists on your foods. If the first 3-4 are grains or fillers, don't buy that food. The first 3-4 should be whole protein or plant matter.

I would do a weekly water change and do more like 50% or more at a time unless your nitrate test indicates otherwise.

Main thing with pH is the tank's pH matches what comes out of your tap.

angelfish245

AC Members
Mar 1, 2020
alright, that was really helpful, the people at the pet store said my tank was fine but it was still thinking about buying a bigger tank.
ill try to do more water tests and changes as often as i can but since i'm in college, it might be hard.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store