Fluidized Bed Filters?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Its not. ALL i am saying is, it is one of the best bio backup filters out there. BACKUP.

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
question 1.) because of the movement of the water through the sand at a specified rate, each bacteria can grow on each grain of sand as more oxygen supplied water is flowing over them.

2.)Best bio filter- Imagine all the surface area on all that sand. Each Grain holds an area for the bacteria to live on and you have more then one grain of sand..so it can hold the most bacteria.

B.) I have a 1 year old tank. Good. Established. If I buy another one. The second tank will need to be cycled. correct? yes. WHOOOO. Hold the bus. What if I MOVED the FBF from the OLD tank to the NEW tank. WHOOOO.. now the NEW tank will have a LOAD of ood bacteria so you can immediatly add fish.

I hope you can understand that slip.

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I understand them completelty. I just dont want to waste the time arguing with you.

if you want a fbf- do your research and you will realize what a great improvement they are on your tank.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
there a great addition because of all the reasons you gave...

oh wait, you didnt give any.

I am very well read on FBFs and other filters and the theories and reasons behind their operation. Its you who seems hasent read much about them considering you cant give 1 reason to use them.

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
NOT so... I choose not to waste my time with you arguing. There are PLENTY of articles on the net reviewing them. I gave some excellent points about them. If you want to disregard them. Thats your choice. I did the research and found its a good investment. IM NOT GOING TO DO THE RESEARCH JUST FOR YOU. your really not worth the time. Sorry.

1.) do the research
2.) find out that they do have many benefits on overcrowded tanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store