Fluidized Bed Filters?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
MOre reaons that I mentioned earlier that you took a blind eye to.

If anyone reading this is interested in buying one:

Always do your research and not only go by our OPINIONS, but research what exactly makes this a great product. Read reviews, articles, and poeples opinions in the newsgroups (wealth of info). You know my opinion and Slips opinion. Now go buy it :)

Tiger15

AC Members
Jan 20, 1999
New Jersey
shirley.stormloader.com
Originally posted by JamisonBWolsh
question 1.) because of the movement of the water through the sand at a specified rate, each bacteria can grow on each grain of sand as more oxygen supplied water is flowing over them.

2.)Best bio filter- Imagine all the surface area on all that sand. Each Grain holds an area for the bacteria to live on and you have more then one grain of sand..so it can hold the most bacteria.

B.) I have a 1 year old tank. Good. Established. If I buy another one. The second tank will need to be cycled. correct? yes. WHOOOO. Hold the bus. What if I MOVED the FBF from the OLD tank to the NEW tank. WHOOOO.. now the NEW tank will have a LOAD of ood bacteria so you can immediatly add fish.

I hope you can understand that slip.
Point 1: So can a UGF or canister if you keep the media clean and maintain a good flow through.

Point 2: Best biofilter is only a subjective theoretical opinion, without independent experimental verification. Others will argue that biowheels or wet and dry filter is the best biofilter.

Point 3: A simpler way to jump cycle a tank is to transfer a dirty filter pad or siphon some detritus from your old tank to the new tank.

The bottom line is that a FBF (or any other biofilter) is useful only if your system needs it as manefested by elevated ammonia and nitrite readings. The biological activities is in balance with your system bioload and adding more physical biolfilters will not increase the activities and so serve no benefit.

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Bottom paragragh I agree with. there will be no added benefits if your tank is stable, there will be only enough bacteria that can be consumed.

But you forget one thing. I have always said its a Great backup filter, and I stand by that. You cant beat it as a backup.

Lets say you add one to a stable aquarium. ok. after a few weeks, the fbf can hold 30 percent of bacteria (example..could be more or less) and the rest of the bacteria stays in the original filters. Now, oh NO! the first filter breaks..and ammonia rises. IN an overcrowded tank, without a FBF, many of your fish may die. BUT WAIT, I HAVE A FBF!!!! My good bacteria expands rapidly.. My fish are saved! So, your fish are dead, mine are alive. End of story. Your tank smells like dead fish. mine are alive and well.

Go Figure. My FBF saved my fish! G-d bless the FBF!!! way to go!

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
No response..you are truly wasting my time. Research the web and you will see a FBF is worthy of a must have product 'nuff said. Lock the thread

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Researched the articles on the net: DONE
Found out what the majority said: DONE
--------------------
Results: a MUST HAVE PRODUCT.

Who is more respectable here: Slip or RTR??
who are yuo going to TRUST? slip or RtR?
------------------
RTR

What does RTR say:??? He has one and loves it.
what does the web say: BUY IT!
what do the majority say: GREAT PRODUCT..DOES WONDERS
what are you going to do? BUY IT!!!!!!!

glad to help anton..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store