food for siamese algae eater?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i know but i prefer to not feed flakes to bottom feeders i think that they should rarely if at all be given to any fish.i prefer to feed my fish pellets.and by top feeders arre pretty fast at feeding time.it looks like little missiles hitting the water.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
SAEs have a down-turned mouth of sorts, but I wouldn't consider them "bottom feeders" at all. About the only place they can't easily snag food from is the surface. They'll swirl around mid/high-level vacuuming up everything they can at feeding time. The rest of the day they'll graze off all hard surfaces, decor and substrate.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
i know but i prefer to not feed flakes to bottom feeders i think that they should rarely if at all be given to any fish.i prefer to feed my fish pellets.and by top feeders arre pretty fast at feeding time.it looks like little missiles hitting the water.
I think perhaps you have been given some bad information on flake...high quality flake I should say.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i heard that because they have a high surface area they go bad and pollute the tanks water.also that they are hard to keep fresh,like they go bad in a day once you open the can.so none of that is true?

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
thanks for the news flash.i have been against flakes for about a year now.but now i know better.and i will not use anymore of the tetra brand flakes i still have,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store