FOUND IT!!!:D

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
foam floats?
idk, but if you jam it in tight, it really can't;D

well, it's intended to filter something, apparently dust particles, out of the air. Don't think you're going to get any water circulaton to speak of through it. And whlile the pores are small enough to block even newborn shrimp they are not small enough to block germs/parasites, so it would not serve to isolate a healthy fish from a sick one if you were contemplating using this tank as a fry/growout on one side and QT on the other. Plus it's going to clog up or grow over with algae or other gunk in pretty short order.

yeah, good point:) so lookign at something else!

That's the mechanical consideration; the other one is chemical. What is this filter made of, how will it break down in water and how fast? What is the colorant/coating made of? etc.

don't see any way you could run this without separate filtration on both sides. Heating might possibly get through but not efficiently; it would probably be very warm on one side and very cool on the other.

i would keep looking.
yeah, might just go with the divider

Why dont you just go to the petstore and buy an in-tank divider for 10 bucks?
idk, im sure shrimplets could get through

Air filter foam is more likely to contain mold inhibitors or other chemicals you don't want in an aquarium. Also, the thickness of that piece (3/8") isn't enough for a stand-alone divider. A piece of eggcrate with some bulk pond filter media would be cheap and effective if you don't want to spend the $$ for poret foam.
yeah, thanks. I will keep looking/thinking, so far im really interested in this new hang on thing, i will try egg crate though if i find nothing else!

Check out Angelsplus.com they custom cut full, tank foam filters. They have a good line of food, too.
will do, thanks for replying!:D

I'll be buying this in the next couple of weeks to keep shrimp in:

http://www.kensfish.com/product3709.html

Same idea, different brand:

[video=youtube;A39Q5aHJda4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39Q5aHJda4[/video]
nice, im loving this, im prob. going with this!:D

I second the custom cut aquarium filter pad idea. much easier and you can get it in differnt kinds like ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, carbon , micro, and regular
thanks! that is my 2nd choice after this^

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
wow, kensfish has some cheap stuff:)

that hang on thing is like $30 on amazon!!! and net dividers are 1/2 the price

do you guys think the shrimplets will be able to go through the divider or not? i hope not because then that is the cheapest option......

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
try ising filter floss to plug up the gaps in the cheap fish tank divider.. if you're still worried, I'm sure you could also silacone it in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store