FOWLR...can i get an anemone????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ersico

AC Members
Oct 27, 2007
cayce, SC
:help::help:so heres the question. i have a 72 bowfront FOWLR (niger, humu trigger/ tomato clown, domino damsel, starfishes, urchins, hermits, spotted hawkfish) the domino and tomato clown are larger than the triggers and they all get along fine, thus far.
so heres the question, can i get an anemone for tomato. i am curently using a coralife light with the one white and one blue bulb. but will be getting the aqualight with 2 whites, 2 blues, and night led's
i hope i gave enough info. all qquestions and comments will be great

:help:if i can get an anenmone...what kind would be best for low light. and not get eaten by the other tankmates:wall:

thanks bunches

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
not unless you want to buy like a real fancy reef light.

coralife pc aint gonna cut it for a nem. youd want A lot of light, like 150watts of MH + there is no such thing as a "low light nem" you need high power, high quality only

also, the water quality in a FOWLR wont do well for a nem. unless you can get your 'trates to <10, and maintain that reading, nem is a no go.

just based on your stocking list, there is no way you could keep a nem in a tank with that bioload

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
The tomato will not necessarily need an anemone. By the way, I think the trigger might eat the anemone but I could be wrong.

ersico

AC Members
Oct 27, 2007
cayce, SC
thanks for the reply, i was thinking the bioload would be alot, better i ask first then do it without asking, thanks

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I could sell you a rock with aiptasia anemones...cheap. :lipssealedsmilie:
Or I could send you more teasing peppermint shrimps.. :lipssealedsmilie:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store