fresh water clams

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Theatre1sm

AC Members
Oct 10, 2005
Olive Branch, MS
Purchased 20 freshwater clams and dispersed them between 3 tanks (3 in a 10 gal, 7 in a 29 gal and 10 in a 65 gal). 10 are still alive and (judging by weight) they are doing well. They definitely help keep the tanks healthier and cleaner. Unfortunately lost the 10 in the 65 gal. when I treated with maracide :( Could see a difference in the detritus collection at the next water change.

When they died the shells opened and what looked like white mucus clumps were left - a pain only when I found them AFTER the tank cleaning. I did see a blip on my water parameters but since I was doing twice weekly water changes it didn't affect anything.

got_nailed

AC Members
Mar 26, 2004
roanoke, va
Visit site
I was going to make an order for some otos but I was talked out of it. I was going to get them since I was already going to pay for the shipping.

I was thinking of starting them in my 75 gallon and then at one point trying to breed them for something different to do.

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
got_nailed said:
I was going to make an order for some otos but I was talked out of it. I was going to get them since I was already going to pay for the shipping.

I was thinking of starting them in my 75 gallon and then at one point trying to breed them for something different to do.
Otos don't readily breed in captivity. They are all wild caught.

Roan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store