fresh water jellyfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kurosuto

AC Members
Nov 3, 2009
WHERE DO YOU LIVE! ahhh i want them! so freaking cool. man ill jus put them in OJ bottles if i have to! *jk* how much are they?

Reeyia

AC Members
Jul 11, 2009
Any new info on these Jelly's?

sms4g2

AC Members
Aug 4, 2009
Missouri
I have kept these before! I was amazed to see the thread as I hadn't realized that they had moved into the pet trade. We kept a tank of these when I did research at the University of MN. It was a bit sad to be honest...they are quite sensitive and having very little "skin" even the glass can abrade their tissues. They also seem to slowly starve to death despite measures to feed them. They are really not done any justice by being kept in aquariums...unless something has changed in the 7 years since my experience.
Hope you have better luck than we did.

Cheers,
Sarah

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i want one!

Kuhlifan

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
I live in south-west Ohio. I grew up a mile from a freshwater lake that has yearly spawnings/blooms of freshwater jellyfish. I've never been there to see it in person, but they feature it on the news here sometimes. They say it looks like it is snowing underwater, except that the snow goes up instead of down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store