Fry Grow-Out Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
Tetra started making small nano tanks, and I thought it'd be perfect to grow out some small fry. It's a 1.5G Cube, seamless. Comes with an LED light, and in-tank filter from Whisper and an air pump. The rest isn't really anything worthy to mention.

Here's a pic.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice!

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Nice fry tank..........:)

Damodred

Addict.
Dec 5, 2008
NE Iowa
All these guppy pics are making me want to get into them again... I only have a male, three females, and three ~one week fry right now... Oh, the temptation!

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
All these guppy pics are making me want to get into them again... I only have a male, three females, and three ~one week fry right now... Oh, the temptation!
That's a great start! That one male to 3 female ratio is perfect I think. I started from the surviving one male and 2 females.

Damodred

Addict.
Dec 5, 2008
NE Iowa
Do you leave your females in the main tank to have the babies or do you move them when they're getting close? I always used to leave them in the main tank in a plastic breeder, but now I'm moving them to my 5.5g invert tank with tons of randomly floating java moss, cabomba, and guppy grass. The babies, unsurprisingly, are much happier there.

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
Do you leave your females in the main tank to have the babies or do you move them when they're getting close? I always used to leave them in the main tank in a plastic breeder, but now I'm moving them to my 5.5g invert tank with tons of randomly floating java moss, cabomba, and guppy grass. The babies, unsurprisingly, are much happier there.
I usually just catch the babies and transfer them to their grow-out tanks. I usually don't suffer much, if any losses. With a planted tank, it'll be tough to catch all the babies, but I do that during feeding time and with a small brine shrimp net.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store