FS FS/Free - Pick up/Deliver - 55g, fish - Seattle area 98055

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TYPO

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Seattle, WA
Visit site
FS/Free - Pick up/Deliver - large oscar/pleco - Seattle area 98055

I have 3 fish for the taking. They cannot be rehomed together unless you have a very large tank. The oscar has hole in the head. The first pleco is blind and cannot compete with other aggressive plecos/bottom feeders, for a hiding spot or food. The second pleco is intact.

13" blind common pleco - Trade

12" red oscar

8" (marble?) high fin pleco (frankly, ihnfi what it is)

I can deliver to pretty much anywhere in the Seattle area. If you do a pickup, be prepared to bring a cooler for the oscar. She's too large for a bucket.

I'd like to trade for a filter suitable for a large turtle.

Please PM or email me if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

TYPO

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Seattle, WA
Visit site
The fish are still up for grabs.

A family member volunteered to take care of the tank, (knowing *I* would be taking care of it) before it was all donated to the school. I had no idea what awful conditions it was in. A 55g tank that had a single 10g filter on it, and two UGF with powerheads on them, and a 50 watt heater that didn't work at all. When that fell through, it ended up on me. I bought a new filter and heater. They desperately need new homes, and I absolutely cannot keep them.

I also refuse to turn to craigslist, for multiple reasons. Even if someone knows of a "fish rescue" of some sort, that'd be immensely helpful.

Thanks for looking.

lilredbeaver

Registered Member
Jan 7, 2010
I posted a link to this post on the greater Seattle Aquarium society's mailing list. Maybe someone there will help you find your fish a home.

I don't have space for these unfortunately, but I hope your fish find a great home.

Happy holidays!

TYPO

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Seattle, WA
Visit site
lilredbeaver - Thanks, I appreciate that so much!

gty2004 - No, it's a common pleco that has no eyes. He was like that when the tank was thrust upon me, but the sockets are fully healed, so it's been that way for some time.

Also, for sale is the tank in my signature. I'd like to get $125 for it. 55g tank, a really nice wooden stand, and the fish/plants that are in it.

Last edited:

TYPO

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Hello. I'm still needing to rehome the oscar/plecos. I no longer live with them, and her condition has worsened since I've been gone. (the Hole in the Head had stopped progressing and started healing over.) I'm looking for a new home for her for her health and comfort. Thanks for looking again. ~Typo

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store