FS: Nerites Snails FS!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
They can travel around a bit outside the tank as they are intertidal species. Some more than others. Usually they wander more often where they do not get enough food.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Both his nerites and assassin snails are freaking amazing. I was just over at his place yesterday and saw large tanks filled with various snails. I stared at the tanks in awe the whole time.

The Clithons are small but their shells are in great conditions. I purchased 2 while I was there, on top of my original purchase of 5 assassins. I was just too impressed :)
My friend who went with me did the same. He was suppose to get 5 assassins as well (hence why I reserved 10) but he ended up buying Clithon Coronas with me too!

We're both really happy with the purchase. That's why I'm here, raving about his stock. Great person to deal with, AMAZING snails, selection and communication. A+++ all around.

I highly suggest getting at least a few snails from him, if you're curious about them. I think you'll be really happy about them. I sure am, I might even go back for more! Haha... The best part is, he's in San Jose! Go Bay Area!! :)

chirp

AC Members
Mar 6, 2008
Neritina natalensis 4.99 each SALE!!
and
Clithon corona $6.99 each

can i get two of each?
shall i pm you my address and stuff?
do you accept personal checks or money orders by mail?

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
PM me and we will discuss =)

E-cubed

AC Members
Aug 13, 2008
They can travel around a bit outside the tank as they are intertidal species. Some more than others. Usually they wander more often where they do not get enough food.
So, I apologize, but I have a couple more questions, answers to which I can not find...

Do the assassin snails burrow under gravel/sand? I don't want that!

I have a small 10 gallon, well planted tank with a perpetual yet small ramshorn snail population. I am tired of crushing them every morning but feel I need to to keep the population in check. I really don't want any snails, but if I had a balance between them and assassins I would be happy enough. How many should I get (if they do not burrow) for such a small tank?

And do the bumblebees or other "horned" snails eat plants, or walk out of the aquariums like the nerites potentially could?

:huh:

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
So, I apologize, but I have a couple more questions, answers to which I can not find...

Do the assassin snails burrow under gravel/sand? I don't want that!

I have a small 10 gallon, well planted tank with a perpetual yet small ramshorn snail population. I am tired of crushing them every morning but feel I need to to keep the population in check. I really don't want any snails, but if I had a balance between them and assassins I would be happy enough. How many should I get (if they do not burrow) for such a small tank?

And do the bumblebees or other "horned" snails eat plants, or walk out of the aquariums like the nerites potentially could?

:huh:
Assassin snails will bury a little bit sometimes in search of buried snails like MTS but will go after rams before going for the snails that have operculums though mine left an apple snail alone today and ate a lone olive nerite that I missed. I'd say 3~5 assassin snails would be fine, they will also have babies but can easily be sold off when the population gets too high.

Horned snails like the bumblebees are nerites which do not eat plants that are healthy. If you plant has turned to mush, they will eat it. They are also like the olives where they can travel but usually do not crawl out unless they are serching for new feeding territory.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Nerites are almost sold out, will have more on the 9th. More A.helena comming also

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
End of October, I will have Neritina semiconica and Neritina turreta available

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
Awesome looking snails sir.

Are you still gonna be in business, say, about 6 months from now? I'm moving back to the Bay Area then and would LOVE some of those clithons

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store