Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Although they don't die directly from Phosphates themselves, it was the outbreak of cyano that probably did it as it can take the oxygen out of the water, therefore leaving poor water quality. I think at the time I also had a problem with a temp spike where it reached 86. I lost quite a few fish.

But we digress slightly.

Sam if you can tell us your acclimatising procedure and your params this might help us with yur problem. Also what size tank and what other inhabitants. Anything to give us a little background.

zhonk

Crazy Ted
Nov 5, 2006
Northwest US
Can anyone please give me info on them. Everytime I get one it dies within 1 day.
Have you tried other fish? It could be something to do with your water rather than the specific species. I would take a sample to your LFS and ask for a very comprehensive water change (ask for them to test everything that could possibly lead to the death of any sort of marine life). If all your conditions check out I would get a brittlestar (make sure it isn't green). They're useful little guys. If a brittle can survive, there's no reason a lion shouldn't. You should try getting one from a LFS if you ahve been ordering them online. There are many risks when it comes to shipping.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
IF it was a feeding issue I would suggest feeding it ghost shrimp or minnow for starters and using feeding tongs and a silverside or krill that has been soaked in garlic, incase you try getting another one.

Rewd

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
Joizey
LFS I work for stopped ordering these because they have a rep for being difficult to feed. Although recently we got one and it was an awesome fish. Took to frozen krill within 1 day of being in the store and it had absolutely stunning colors.

I'd say you probably didn't acclimate him good enough and something with your tank shocked him. FYI too, I would never buy one of these without seeing it feed at the store for first. Many end up starving to death.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store