gahhhhhhh

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I think my lunare wrasse would make a cleaner shrimp a nice little snack. :) He munched on 2 peppermints unless they're hiding extremely well with only a few rocks left in that tank.

Oh, I know better than to do 2 weeks. haha. It'll probably end up being over that, more like 10 or so. All will be in hyposalinity whether showing signs of ich or not. The foxface is not going to be fun getting out since I can't find a specimen trap and not wanting to use a net with his spines. It's going to be a bucket and a few pairs of very thick latex gloves.

As for adding more problematic fish first . . . I will upon introduction now after QT. I'm not a plan ahead sort of person. I'm done adding fish to that tank as it has plenty.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Ok, I seriously could kick myself right now. All but a radiant wrasse (who is hiding in the sand currently) are out of the 75g and into QT and they are getting lowered to hyposalinity levels via some link I got from another website.

I also figured that since water was transferred from the 75g to a 30g that has only a juvenile humu trigger and princess parrot that I should do hypo on them as well because I want all ich to be gone. (Have no fear, they all will be going into a MUCH larger tank that i'm going to be buying in the next month or two when I decide on a size, I know they are not suitable for a tank that size as adults.)

So, I have a 30g, 20g long, and 10g all being lowered to hypo levels, monitoring ammonia levels, and I think I'm going to be going batty by the time the 8 weeks is up. Especially with finals for grad school coming up in 5 weeks.

Oh, and I have to recure about 60 pounds of live rock since I unexpectedly had to yank out and didn't have a container big enough nor saltwater mixed enough for it to go into Thursday or Friday. So, it's been sitting dry.

It's not fun. But good thing I'm pretty much at a point where the Foxface would have had to stab me in the face to deter me from the hobby. (which I thought it was going to do).

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Thank you for the reassurance :) and you are definitely right: it is worth it in the end.

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Wow Mandy...sorry to read this. I hope everything works out ok for you. Sucks that you just went through the whole Brook thing and now ich. It sounds like you have it under control and I'm glad you're not ready to kick the hobby to the curb!
Good Luck!
Robbie

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
The foxface is not going to be fun getting out since I can't find a specimen trap and not wanting to use a net with his spines. It's going to be a bucket and a few pairs of very thick latex gloves.
I can only imagine this would make catching a greased pig in a mud pit seem easy. :jaw-dropping:

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Thanks Robbie :)

and yes, catching the foxface sent me in a little girl frightened mode lol. It wasn't fun or easy and I was afraid he was going to flop out of the strainer thing I used and profusely attack me. I'll have a speciment container by the time he gets moved again. eeeek!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store