Gecko Update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice setup and geckos.

How hard it is to maintain a planted setup like that? I can barely keep my houseplants alive lol.
Thanks MAC. It's not too difficult to keep the plants alive. I just make sure to spray them everyday seeing how that's the only way these geckos obtain water and I give the soil a good soaking in each plant container once a week. So far so good. I like to keep the plants in their original containers. That way if they start to die or whatever they can be easily removed.

MadAboutCichlid

AC Members
Aug 31, 2009
Thanks MAC. It's not too difficult to keep the plants alive. I just make sure to spray them everyday seeing how that's the only way these geckos obtain water and I give the soil a good soaking in each plant container once a week. So far so good. I like to keep the plants in their original containers. That way if they start to die or whatever they can be easily removed.

Don't know how many house plants I have killed by trying to do a good thing by moving them to new/bigger pots:eek::rofl:

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Most houseplants originate from places that have high humidity. So in a setup like that for the geckos the plants should thrive. I had some plants in inclosed containers and they grew nicely but when they werent in there containers they died. Pothos and philodenrons love high humidity so do dieffenbachia's granted dieffens are not suitable for geckos due to there toxic nature.

Nice gecko's Vicious. If I lived near you ide prob go over alot not to visit you but to visit your large array of pets. Lizards geckos fish turtles lol

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
dieffenbachia should be fine for geckos afaik.

sweet lookers vf!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks guys. Found another Lygo egg today. :headbang2:

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
In this snow!!! Congrats!

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
very nice. i dont get much like that around me. i for the first time saw a giant day gecko for sale in my area. and that was 90 bucks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store