General Betta Care Questions...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Having a betta in a community tank can be difficult when it comes to feeding. I feed my 20H (I have 8 neon tetras and a few female endlers - similar to your tank) micro pellets mostly with frozen daphnia & tubifex. I kind of gave up on the pellets because Mr. Red was eating the other stuff. And I have to add snello only after complete lights out, or he's right there horking up the whole thing.

While I agree betta are carnivores - so are cats, yet they still on occasion eat grasses. I'm sure in the wild bettas used to pick at all sorts of vegetable matter, they're such curious fish. I do not see anything wrong with the occasional cooked pea to help things move along. At most I feed 1/4 of a pea, but dot think it's needed more than once every couple weeks.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Oh, forgot to mention - I feed once a day & try not to feed a lot. My neons are big piggies & sometimes resemble little hatchet fish after a feeding :eek:, so I've cut back & they're fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store