German Blue Ram experts pleaasee!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I use to breed them when I was a kid (about 40 years ago). I think the stock now is weaker then when I was young. Good Luck.

pjrichar

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Indianapolis,In
ya good luck this can be a very sensitive fish. i have tried forever with the ones my lfs's bring in and have only had luck one time with a bolivian ram. they always look so good, but i cant make it happen here. been doing this for yrs too. I have never tried fish breed by others,, maybe that is the secret.. for me...

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Ditto. Tried a bazillion of them from different lfs. They come imported and all pumped up on steroids. It wasn't until I found tank raised home bred GBRs that I actually kept some alive. So just be aware...

thesixis

AC Members
Feb 3, 2009
New Jersey
I tried them from a lfs years ago and they did not last. I find in the long run, buying fish from AB to be cheaper. Shipping is a lot but not having to replace fish saves time and heart ache. There are some wonderful fish available that have not been pumped up with enhancers. I am not bashing LFS, but finding a breeder is my choice.

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
i know that the prices would vary but usually how much do gbr's and bolivian rams cost?
That depends on size, quality, import or local bred, ect.

Eastside Game

AC Members
Dec 14, 2010
ummm i guess i guess from a lfs such as petland discounts or a store where they have been homebred. i know that is vague but that is as specific as i can get LOL i am a newbie and i never had rams so i was wondering how much i have to save to get either

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
My local breeder has them for $4.99 each.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store