Getting a 33 gallon on Friday...can't wait!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I found a great deal on a 33 gallon tank. It comes with two 24" Versa top hoods, two 24" fluorescent strip lights, and a metal stand...all for $50!

No pics unfortunately, but this lady is clearing out her fish room, downsizing to "just" 12 75 and 90 gallon tanks...lol.

Pictures will be posted on Friday or Saturday :)

I love this size, have always wanted one but to special order a new one is $90 at my LFS.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Nice! I really want a 33 long. Great tank size. What are you planning on stocking?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
So a 33gal is 48" long?

That's a cool size. I didn't know that existed.

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
I had a 36" long 33 gallon tank (taller than the one you'll get), and I always thought that was an ideal size. A 33 long is perfect for so many fish. Nice find!

Eric

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I plan on keeping lots of small fish. Daisy's ricefish (O. woworae) some blue eyed rainbows, threadfin rainbows, and maybe some checker barbs. These are all fish that are in other tanks and I'd like to put them all together :) I love the look of a long tank with little fish in it. Also, the maintenance on it is so easy.

I also want to make it my plant project tank. These are all easy plants I've wanted to try: pennywort, Riccia, Fissidens fontanus, some kind of moss besides Java moss. Maybe some Manzanita, which believe it or not I've never worked with.

So this tank will hopefully contain a bit of all of that. Kind of a jumble, really!

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Super awesome tank...I love my 30 tall but 33 longs with the 36" length are super awesome to look at. Perfect for fish that otherwise could not fit comfortably in a 29g or 27g.

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
How did it go?

I love my 33L. It's a very pretty, stylish tank. I also put in ADA aquasoil so I really can't do very big water changes (my water is too hard, so I don't want to bounce their parameters too much). Just a bucket or two every few days, which is really easy.

I also love my rice fish. They are in my 17, but if they don't stop breeding I'll end up with a bunch in the 33 too!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Great! The lady was really desperate to clear things out (she was in the final stages of breaking down her fishroom) so she gave me a bunch of stuff for free - two 10 gallon tanks with Versa tops plus 2 Stellar 10 gallon air pumps, a whisper 10 gallon air pump, a Magfloat algae magnet for an 125 gallon tank, and a bunch of plastic plants and resin decor. I have been so busy parceling it all out along with other stuff I myself have been getting rid of (!) that I haven't had a chance to set it up yet - but I've already got my $50 back just from the stuff she gave me :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store