Getting porcupine puffer tomorrow

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Blue hippos are known to hide/stay in the back of the tank and behind rocks for about the first 7 days until they get comfortable. They are one of the more "shy" tangs I have seen when first introduced into a tank. As long as it is grazing and starts to eat a little in the next few days it will probably be fine. They like seaweed on a clip or rubberbanded to a rock.

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Cool thanks, I have Julian Springs sea veggies which i've heard works well although a bit on the pricey side. I'm thinking about going to the store and picking up some sushi nori as well as he might like that a bit better( I really don't know).

He really does seem pretty happy/ healthy though! Just hides a good amount which seems to be normal. Hopefully he will start grazing even more in the next few days!

P.S.- My dad ordered the fish from Aquacon.com- which after I heard about it I did some research and heard only bad things. But my dad followed them on the phone and when they didn't have the right butterfly that he ordered, they offered to send a blue mask butterfly at no extra charge!-- Which was $160 for the medium on their site.

For me, the experience worked out great and each of the fish seem very happy and healthy! the bags arrived well packed at about 76 degrees from Flordia.
With the proper acclimation all the fish I ordered seem to be doing great! However I probably don't plan on ordering any fish online again anytime soon due to the awesome fish store I just found in Pittsburgh about 2 hours from my house and all the fish there are super super nice!

gt1009

AC Members
Jan 8, 2009
Every tang I've ever fed has taken algae sheets off a clip after a few days. He should probably eat after settling in.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Yes, they just "hang out" a lot. Do you have a nice rock cave for him? He'd appreciate that.

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
sorry about what happened there, my freind was signed in on my comp and I didn't realize lol. SO i just changed his message to d. Anyway this is what I said in that post up there.

Thanks for the tips, He still hasn't really eaten much yet and I got him on tuesday. I think he may have done a bit of grazing but I can't really tell, he spends most of his time behind rocks and wedged inside of a rock. Other than that he looks like he's pretty healthy, just shy and when he swims around he looks fine.

I got some other types of food today, so I'll try feeding some of that today and maybe he will like that more than what I've been feeding.

The butterfly and puffer I got both seem to be doing great, they are both eating and swimming around a good amount. Still settling in though, Thanks for the tips/ help!

Also my puffer will swim around and then from time to time just lay on rocks like he's sunbathing is this normal?

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Yes, they just "hang out" a lot. Do you have a nice rock cave for him? He'd appreciate that.
I don't really have a cave I wouldn't say, but there is plenty of rock work that he can lay on and rock bridges.-- There is nothing that is a cave cave/ like compltely isolated with 1 way out. But plenty of rocks overhanging other rocks. He really seems to enjoy some of the places.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store