Getting the 240 gallon up and running

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DGC

All in One
May 8, 2010
London
Real Name
Darrell
very very nice

zebvance

AC Members
Sep 21, 2010
College station texas
Real Name
Zeb
:worthy: wow... thats an epic tank! :jaw: you are so evil, why do you tourture us like that! :) lol

Your tank is to epic for suggestions, but maybe some more green things? just looks a little empty or dead looking. Sounds weird seeing as there are a ton of fish in it. I just like planted tanks a lot :)

But seriously, epic tank! How much would it cost to "borrow" it? :FIREdevil:
I am the same way. I have hair grass in there but it isn't going to last very long. All the fish keep nibbling it away. So I think I'm going to have to find so nice fake plants soon.

zebvance

AC Members
Sep 21, 2010
College station texas
Real Name
Zeb
Hey guys I have been thinking about selling this tank and upgrading. So My question is what do yall think is reasonable to ask for it.

This is what wold come with the tank
240 long 96x24x24black stand.
2 rena xp3's ( And I haven't decided yet if i will let the eheim 2260 go with it)
lighting ( 2 48 inch Hamilton technology HO t-12 lights. 440 watts total)
and all the sand, rocks, driftwood included.
and all the fish.

zebvance

AC Members
Sep 21, 2010
College station texas
Real Name
Zeb
Hey guys just a update for ya. I rescaped the tank, but im not sure about the rocks. So I got a couple of big river stone boulders, and I think Im going to redo the scape to make it look more natural I am also about to get a SWEET custom stand built.

Here is a few pictures

Attached Thumbnails

spirofucci

AC Members
Jan 6, 2011
Harlingen, Texas
Great tank! I think it looks great as is, but if you want, try make a rock sculpture by using some epoxy putty instead of stacking them. I think its fun and quite cheap if you decide you don't like it.

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
wow, great tank! reading through all the pages was very informative. Well done!

ALso, if you want it more natural looking try placing them more messy or get some pebbles and sit one side of the rock on them, creating the cave feel but a bit more wild?

Last edited:

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Looks awesome!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store