GlowLight Tetra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mmmclean

Registered Member
Feb 2, 2010
Hello just needed a Li'l advice...... I have 5 GlowLight tetras and 3 comet GoldFish, I need a Lil" help ...........3 of my
glowlights seem to have been nip on their lower fin, (or lower back fin) ................or Could this be tail rot......fin
Rot???? I've notice this it's been more then a week ago, their situation is not getting worse, they are still active,
still feeding, no wait loss...... The other fish are doing fine....My ph level is good.... PLS help

mmmclean

Registered Member
Feb 2, 2010
I have a 10 gallon tank .......it's Almost looks like a small nip.............I did treat my tank with Malfix but it seem pointless .............I did't want to put too much Malfix so every 2nd day i've been doing so

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
mmmclean, what temp do you keep the tank at? My understanding is that goldfish just do not belong in the same environment with a tropical like a tetra. Goldies can stand temperatures down to near-freezing, and prefer it much cooler than anything a tropical can handle. Might be time to think about different tanks for them...

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
one sucker alergy eater, 5 glowlights and 3 comets
hi, and welcome home to AC!

ok, i don't want to sound rude or harsh or anything, but you really do have to reconsider the stocking in that tank. tetras are tropical and require warmer temperature water (75 to 80 or so). goldfish are temperate/coldwater and wouldn't fare too well in a tank with a heater and tropical temps. as well, a 10 gallon is much too small to house even 1 comet, so 3 would definitely not do well in there for even a short period of time.

the 'sucker alergy eater', what kind is it? if it is a common pleco i would strongly suggest finding another home for it if you don't plan on upgrading to a very large tank in the very near future. common plecos can get quite big and are messy to keep (they are poop machines! lol).

but you have definitely found the right place here at AC to learn how to do the best for your finkids. and oh, post pics, we love pics!

mmmclean

Registered Member
Feb 2, 2010
my goldfish are getting along great with the glow light's ...........yes I do have a heated tank 72....................every one is happy Im just ??? about what's rong with my 3 tetras and yah it is a common pleco his brown and ugly .....does a good job though

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC! I recommend you start a thread in our FW illness section where more folks can see it and be able to help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store