Go bulbs go

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Though I'd give plant bulbs a try again, and here to record progress. Maybe.

Packaging. As noted, there are four possible plant bulbs included: Waterlily, Onion, Barclaya and Aponogeton. The Onion is Crinum thaianum, and the Barclaya is Barclaya longifolia. I haven't a clue what the other two are yet.

As I would believe it, these are the four different plants' bulbs from left to right: Aponogeton, Onion plant, Waterlily, Barclaya.

DAY 8:
Only two bulbs have sprouted so far.

Onion plant. Manages to grow 3" worth of leaves but barely anything in terms of roots. This was also the only bulb that floated, all the other ones sunk.

The waterlily.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
Good luck!

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Well, the Waterlily has grown a few leaves, nothing big yet. The Onion plant's about 10" now. None of the other bulbs have sprouted yet.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow. It's lights-out for my tanks.

Teto

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
Bulbs Hate them so hard to grow! bought one water lilly never grew up i just quitted maybe i was not ready for bulbs and i dont think i am now

Twistersmom

AC Members
Jan 17, 2009
Where did you buy your bulbs? I have not seen any in that type package.
I have tried all of those type bulbs and the Aponogeton is the only one I had any luck with.

kayla25690

AC Members
Oct 25, 2008
west virginia
i just bought a package of the Aponogeton from wal-mart today... Hopefully they will do me good!!! I Have never had a planted tank before. Hmm wonder if they will grow?..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store