Goldfish Fry Development

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caitylee

Yup....
Mar 12, 2008
Florida
That is great, I would love to see the baby :) Maybe someday my goldfish will spawn, although I am not ready for that but I guess it is not my decision huh? LOL

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
The reason they spawned was because you made their tank warmer. According to aqualanbd pets plus, if the temp raises 15 degrees, they start spawning.

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
I wouldn't trust even the barest thread of information from aqualandpetsplus.com. Their "facts" are often incorrect and sometimes downright ridiculous. Their article on goldfish is unbelievably bad.

The spawning is not always due to a rise in temperature. Different foods, a drop in ammonia or nitrates, the growth or addition of plants, sunlight, time of day, and water temperature all have a role in spawning.

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
pictures?

amila

Registered Member
Nov 12, 2008
what are the other things that can give gold fish frys except brian shrymp

Bottomfeeder2

Lancelet
Aug 31, 2008
interesting. they dont start looking remotely like Carrassius auratus until day 17. before that they looked like Creek Chubs, and before that they reminded me of Bay Anchovies.

corrieberry

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
London
I noticed a few fry in my tank on Saturday morning (today is Tuesday morning) and rescued them - they're floating in an icecream tub in my main tank whilst I wait for supplies to arrive! I've been comparing them to your photos but it's difficult to tell how old they are because I can't get as close to them as your camera seems to! How do I know when to start feeding them brine shrimp?

Also, how often do goldfish spawn in a well kept tank?

Thanks!

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
wow, i never seen them so close up before!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store