Goldfish Tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pearl

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
Michigan
Real Name
Vicki
I just moved six rosy barbs into my goldfish tank last week. It's been a wonderful match so far. The goldies have become much more active, perhaps in response to the rosy barbs constant movement.

Sawyer

AC Members
Apr 24, 2009
I was wondering whether ACF's or ADF's would work in a goldfish tank? They like lower temps like goldfish but I'm worried that the tank height would be too tall for them?

And wouldn't small fish like zebra danios and white clouds get eaten or do they do fine?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
ACFs are absolutely not compatible. Your goldfish might harass the ADFs though besides the tank height being an issue. And yes, the zebra danios and white clouds may eventually be eaten unless you do not mind but speed and space are the key points to avoid predation.

nc0gnet0

Discus Breeder
Oct 31, 2009
Grand Rapids
Real Name
Rick
I would have to disagree with the koi being incompatable. I have two orandas that co-exist with several baby koi and they get along just fine. The key is size of the koi as they will outgrow then eventually outcompete the orandas, but the koi are a very docile fish and don't harass them at all. When the koi reach a certain size, it i time for a pond anyways.........

mou86afa

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
nice list lupin but i like when i have a goldfish tank i make it for only foldfish becouse i don't need anything goldfish didint give me the coloure goldfish have the varity in the moving the funny thing they do the stupid thing they do
i prefer to dont make any mates with goldfish except anther goldfish :)

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I would have to disagree with the koi being incompatable. I have two orandas that co-exist with several baby koi and they get along just fine. The key is size of the koi as they will outgrow then eventually outcompete the orandas, but the koi are a very docile fish and don't harass them at all. When the koi reach a certain size, it i time for a pond anyways.........
I should have specified the list is meant to focus on compatibility issues long-term, not short-term. Yes, baby koi are fine but adults are absolutely not. I have witnessed several accounts of adult koi attacking the fancies but not the singletails (obviously).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store