Good groundcover?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

carfey

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm looking for a good groundcover plant for my planted tank. I have about 1.5 wpg and I have a plain gravel substrate. I have about 15 ppm CO2. What does everyone suggest?

Another thing I should mention is that I'm having a hard time finding any type of grassy plant or ground cover around here. Are there any cheap online plant stores that deliver to Canada?

Last edited:

static69static

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
www.angelfire.com
With those specs I would suggest some java moss attached to some flat rocks, or even some dwarf sag or chain sword. Might even try some hairgrass.

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
I like aquascaper's suggestion. I find anubias to be pretty hardy, and easy to grow, in many conditions... low/moderate/high, co2 injected or not, etc. You might have some problems with algae, since the plant is somewhat of a slow grower and their leaves stay on the plant for a very long time, but with profer nutrient, co2, and lighting controls you shouldn't have a problem.

HTH
-Richer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store