Gourami sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
my gourami has been lying at the bottom for a day or 2. she eats normally and sometimes swims around all the tank as usual, but often I find her at the bottom. I recently spotted a little lump on her side:
P_20221230_003047.jpg

no idea what that could beP_20221230_003049.jpg

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
I just saw her like twitching her body. see video @0:12
she was doing so for a moment and last time when i filmed it

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm sorry none of us saw this almost a month ago. Holidays I guess...& a smaller AC forum. Geez, I've never seen a fish do that sneeze/jerk thing. I don't know what it could mean. How's your gourami doing now?

So tell us again all about your tank. Size? Age of tank & what fish? Any new additions? Were they quarantined before adding? What do your test kits say & what kind of tests are you using? Foods? Water changes? Did you try any treatments?

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
I'm sorry none of us saw this almost a month ago. Holidays I guess...& a smaller AC forum. Geez, I've never seen a fish do that sneeze/jerk thing. I don't know what it could mean. How's your gourami doing now?

So tell us again all about your tank. Size? Age of tank & what fish? Any new additions? Were they quarantined before adding? What do your test kits say & what kind of tests are you using? Foods? Water changes? Did you try any treatments?
oh wow, even I forgot about this. Anyway have not seen her do that anymore.
tank size: 92cm x 37cm x 40cm high // 36.2" x 14.5" x 15.7"→ roughly 36 US gal
no new additions, only 4 fish.
just performed tests, results are as shown:
tests are in the same order as chart
P_20230129_215150.jpg

one thing: I did a water change yesterday, that is why nitrates are low.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Adler, your link didn't work for me. I don't know if it's my tech lameness or what. Can you just post your parameters so I can understand please?

Any change in her little lump? Growing? Does she poop normally? Brown or white & stringy? Clear? Sorry, graphic poo descriptions can help.

That worries me more than the sneeze/spasm thing...

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Adler, your link didn't work for me. I don't know if it's my tech lameness or what. Can you just post your parameters so I can understand please?

Any change in her little lump? Growing? Does she poop normally? Brown or white & stringy? Clear? Sorry, graphic poo descriptions can help.

That worries me more than the sneeze/spasm thing...
P_20230129_215157.jpg

ph >7.6 (dark blue)
high range ph ~8.2 (dark orange)
ammonia 0 (yellow)
nitrite 0 (light blue/cyan)
nitrate 10 ppm (light orange)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
So what's going on with your gourami's lump? Is it getting bigger? Smaller? Looking bumpy like cauliflower? More toward her skin surface? Reddish?...& what about her poo?

Since you forgot about this thread does that mean she's looking better?

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
So what's going on with your gourami's lump? Is it getting bigger? Smaller? Looking bumpy like cauliflower? More toward her skin surface? Reddish?...& what about her poo?

Since you forgot about this thread does that mean she's looking better?
lump is still same size, but less noticeable. seems like a skin thing, the color is like the rest of its body. her poo is normal.
not sure if its a skin infection or what but i see no problem with her behaviour.

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
this very same fish has not eaten for a week and i don't know what to do. it swims by as if nothing is happening but it just won't eat, it never was a picky eater, it would always eat anything i gave them.

I tried water changes and nothing, I bought Seachem Focus because I thought it was a liquid and it turned out to be powder that "binds to food" but since the fish will not eat is kind of useless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store