Greetings All

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Only get one dwarf gourami unless you can find 1 or 2 females to go along with him. Most fish stores don't sell the females, and it's not a good idea to keep more than one male in a 20 gallon... that's why I said that.:) Also, I agree that you can bump up your numbers of schooling fish to 6 each.

Welcome to AC and enjoy the site!

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
Your stocking idea is great, I agree with everyone on adding a few more to the danios and tetras.. I also would make a suggestion for your tank, instead of apple snails (which may harm any plant plans you have in the future, try a handful of amano shrimp, very peaceful with other said fish, and they clean up the tank all the time.

One last thing... I saw at petco the genetically altared glofish.. They are Zebra Danios that have been gene spliced. The thing about them is, now they are a true strain of fish that can be bred, with the same bright glowing colors as their parents.

They really are amazing looking fish.. You can get them in green, red and orange... two of each would look really cool in your tank, and add a lot of color... http://www.glofish.com/

SteveC79

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Hey all,
Thanks again for your replys, and thanks for the welcomes to AC! I have another question...so I'll kinda hijack my own post :). I have three decorations my tank(one big in center and smaller ones on left and right), I am wondering with schooling fish like the Tetra's and Danios, would it be better to take out some of my Decor and maybe go with plastic plants instead to give them more room to swim? Cause I want to provide a suitable environ but I dont wanna crowd the tank or the fish. And the pics I have seen with 20g, 30g, etc suggests to me I need to rethink on how the tank should look, as far as decor goes.

Thanks in Advance,
Steve C.

P.S. I know a pic would be benefical, but no digicam :( sorry

JDonner

Registered Member
Mar 28, 2007
After a water change, I tested the water with my API Master Freshwater kit....

PH: 7.8
Ammonia: 0
NitrIte: 0
NitrAte: 20
Impossible to conclude that your tank is ready for 10 fish all at once.
The point is that your numbers are based on a certain bio-load of ammonia, but now you're getting rid of the ammonia and replace it by the ammonia load of the fish. If this load is higher than the previous ammonia load then you will have a peak in ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. It's better to start with less fish so that you get a better grasp on what your current tank is ready for.

Lukee

*Legend*
Jun 23, 2007
Aussie Land
have you though about
harliquen rasboras(sp?)
german Blue rams
and a betta for the show peice??
remember when you are putting fish in..
put them in gradually, not all at once

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Impossible to conclude that your tank is ready for 10 fish all at once.
Where did the OP say they were going to dump 10 fish at once into their tank?

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
My question exactly. I think the original poster meant that this is the list in total for the tank. I also agree that you should increase the numbers of the tetras and the danios to at least six since these are both schooling fish and at least six of each would make proper schools for these fish. In my opinion this will not overstock the tank either.

Marinemom

P.S. Welcome to Aquaria Central. I hope you enjoy your stay.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store