Greg's Return to Salt

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Well, I'll go get fresh test kit(s) and look at some live sand. I'm picking up 150 lbs of LR and LS this afternoon and then I'll have to go from there. Thanks!

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Which power head is better? The Maxi-Jet 1200 or the Koralia 4? I want to run them on a Red Sea WaveMaster Pro wave maker.

Last edited:

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Are there different sizes of Mogul Bases? I just picked up a couple of fixtures and the ballest. They are rated at 250W. Will this be too much light for my 90g bow front?

I got them for $130 and no light bulbs. Did I get a good deal? How do I determine the correct bulb base size?

Thanks,
Greg

BCaprini83

Registered Member
Jul 6, 2017
My 90?

Well, I guess I'll start a new thread as soon as I start the set up of my new tank. I would like some help identifying my tank and hood. With some searching I think the the tank is a 90 gal Oceanic Bow front Aquarium with an Odyssea B80 light hood and filter in the back part of the hood. The stand looks like what Oceanic offers for their bow front. They appear to have a hood that matches the base cabinet. It also came with a wet/dry filter with a HOB overflow box.

View attachment 61396 View attachment 61397 View attachment 61398 View attachment 61399 View attachment 61400
I know this post is very old, but I'm hoping someone out there has an idea of who makes this tank, I purchased the same one second hand. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet for it, I'm trying to find out if the bottom and back glass are tempered. I would like to drill it for my sump.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I know this post is very old, but I'm hoping someone out there has an idea of who makes this tank, I purchased the same one second hand. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet for it, I'm trying to find out if the bottom and back glass are tempered. I would like to drill it for my sump.
A quick look at the attachments makes it look like an Odyssea all in one aquarium. Modem B80. Nothing about it looks Oceanic to me at all.. if you posts the dimensions of your tank it might help identify it. If it is, they haven't been sold in over a decade or so... so information is pretty scarce.

As for tempered glass.. my instinct would be no for the back glass, and likely for the bottom. but it might be better to do a test with polarized light or something. or maybe just use a hang on overflow.

BCaprini83

Registered Member
Jul 6, 2017
A quick look at the attachments makes it look like an Odyssea all in one aquarium. Modem B80. Nothing about it looks Oceanic to me at all.. if you posts the dimensions of your tank it might help identify it. If it is, they haven't been sold in over a decade or so... so information is pretty scarce.

As for tempered glass.. my instinct would be no for the back glass, and likely for the bottom. but it might be better to do a test with polarized light or something. or maybe just use a hang on overflow.
I have the same exact tank in the picture, I can the dimensions tonight when I get home. Information on these is nonexistent, I wish i had done my homework before purchasing it. It's a solid tank though. I will be giving the polarized glasses trick a try this weekend.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
You can use a cellphone as a source of polarized light too.

But yell if you need help identifying any of the pieces, we should be able to help.

BCaprini83

Registered Member
Jul 6, 2017
You can use a cellphone as a source of polarized light too.

But yell if you need help identifying any of the pieces, we should be able to help.
I tried using my cell phone, but I couldn't tell one way or the other, going to try a laptop when I get a little time. It's so annoying not being able to find the manufacturer info, guess I should have done more research befor purchasing it. Lesson learned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store